“It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see” Henry David Thoreau.
This quote by Henry David Thoreau resonates with us here at ESNKY because what we see is:
- Guests who need compassion & Volunteers who give it,
- Guests who have basic hygiene needs & Volunteers who provide it.
- Guests who need shelter & Volunteers who donate resources for it.
We invite our volunteers to an Appreciation Dinner on Tuesday, April 25th from 6:00-8:00 pm at Mother of God Church in Covington. For it is what you see in our guests that makes the difference on a cold night in winter or when a guest receives their key to housing in the summer. You allow us to continue to be life saving life changing in NKY.
This night is about YOU and how with your help:
- Sheltered over 600 guests in the emergency cold shelter this winter
- Laundered over 7,500 pieces of clothing & roughly 1700 showers taken during the summer shower/laundry program
- Helped 94 men out of 115 men obtain permanent housing this past summer during the Summer Transitional Program.
- Provided over 150 nights of meals in the winter and 180 nights of meals in summer
We will have short slide presentation and watch a video documentary of a guest who graduated from the Summer Transitional housing program and hear his story.
Please RSVP by April 21 to email@example.com, by calling (859)291-4555 or thru FB. This is a family friendly event and dinner, deserts and soft drinks are on us.
We hope to “see” you there.