Winter Shelter Opening – November 1
Shelter will open sooner if temp drops below freezing.
Doors open at 6:00pm and close at 9:00am
ESNKY is open every night starting November 1st regardless of temperature. We are a first come first serve shelter. When the temperature is below 32 degrees, we will make every attempt to shelter everyone who needs us, with safety being a priority. We will shelter anyone regardless of their physical, mental or spiritual state of being. The ESNKY is handicap accessible.
Who do We Serve?
Adult Men and Women (18+)
- Kentucky state-issued picture ID. Exceptions are made ONLY if the person is escorted to our facility by the police or a phoned in referral from St. Elizabeth Hospital.
- A desire and willingness to make commitments, keep appointments, & implement necessary changes to better current circumstances.
What do we provide?
- Evening meal and breakfast
- Laundry, showers, clothing and personal hygiene items.
- Information about, and referrals to, community resources.
- NKU NACU (Nurse Advocacy Center for the Underserved) provides bi-weekly nursing and connection to outside health care resources.
What I can expect:
- A clean, safe, refuge from the cold.
- Volunteers and employees will treat me with respect.
- To be offered food, clothing and the ability to get clean.
- To be offered information and referrals to services that may help my situation if I so chose to take action.
- Shelter staff will take swift action in removing anyone who threatens the safety of our shelter guests.
Please don’t hesitate to call us with any questions