Interested in joining the team at the Emergency Shelter of Northern Kentucky? A part-time job with a passion! We are looking for a few new shelter advocates to oversee the shelter for the winter season by being a support to the advocate on duty.
This is a contracted position running November 2017- March 2018 and you will work along side another advocate to meet the needs of our guests. This position is for 16 hours per week and is for 3rd shift from 1:00 am – 9:00 am with an occasional 5 pm-1:00 am shift as needed. Pay range is $10-$11 per hour based on experience in working with adults. If you are looking to earn some extra income for the holidays and be involved in a great organization apply today!
Job duties include:
- Responsible for general operations of shelter to ensure safety and hospitality of guests/volunteers/staff.
- Provide tours of the shelter when visitors arrive.
- Ensure that all volunteers are utilized while at the shelter.
- Follow all procedures as set forth by the Shelter Operations Manager (SOM)
- Oversee shelter’s inventory of material needs and provide weekly needs list to SOM
- High School Diploma
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience working with the homeless a plus!
We will be holding open interviews for the seasonal shelter advocate position on Friday, November 17th from 10 am- 2 pm. Interviews will be conducted at ESNKY which is located at 634 Scott Street, Covington KY 41011. Please bring a resume, driver’s license and necessary documents to complete job application!
If you are unable to attend the open interviews on Friday, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.