Happy New Year from ESNKY! As we look forward to 2017, it is also a time to reflect on the past year in shelter. The pictures below represent what we have accomplished with your help in 2016.
- Keys- 88 men who graduated into stable housing out of the 115 who entered.
- Shower caddy- over 1700 showers taken & 7500 pieces of clothing laundered in the Summer Shower/Laundry Outreach. The only consistent place in NKY for the homeless ran 20 hours per week from May to October.
- Food/supplies- basic necessities we provide to each guest.
- Bunk beds- the 312 men & women we have seen since November 1, 2016 in the emergency cold shelter. We opened on November 1 to 77 degrees and then have had 42 nights below freezing and not turning any adult away.
We also look forward to 2017 and resolve to continue to be life saving and life changing by:
- Continuing to accept those adults that need immediate shelter with no regard to addiction, mental, or physical limitations.
- Working with other agencies to ensure best care practices for guests.
- Providing opportunities to the public to volunteer either by meals, food or clothing donations.
There is still time to make a 2016 tax deductible donation or maybe make one tomorrow and get a start on 2017. A $17 donation ensures a guest receives the basic necessitites listed in the picture. A $1,700 donation will cover 100 guests in shelter, of which we have already had 7 of those this winter. http://emergencyshelternky.org/help-out/donate